REQUEST: Participate in a survey on Metadata implementation?

  • Tessa Sullivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      My name is Tessa Sullivan and I am a Ph.D. student in the School for
      Information and Library Science at the University of North Carolina,
      Chapel Hill. I am writing to invite you to participate in a survey I am
      doing on metadata process (defined here as the sequence of activities,
      people, and systems involved in creating, editing, and managing metadata).

      I am interested in understanding the process and tools used by
      information professionals who have some interaction with the creation or
      management of metadata.

      The survey is approximately 40 questions and should take between 30 and
      45 minutes.

      One participant will be randomly selected to receive a $25 gift
      certificate to Amazon. An email address must be given to be included in
      the drawing. This email address shall not be divulged to any other party
      nor used for any other purpose unless the participant grants permission
      for the researcher to contact him or her for a follow-up interview.

      The survey can be found at http://www.ils.unc.edu/~tsulliva/survey.

      Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I really
      appreciate your help!

      Tessa Sullivan
      tsullivan@...

      --
      Tessa Sullivan
      Ph.D student & Metadata Research Center Fellow
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
        It has been brought to my attention that interface for the survey is not
        working correctly. There are a few questions where selecting on one row
        would deselect a selection from a different row.

        My sincerest apologies for this. (I swear it was working last week :-)
        ) I've shut down the survey for now but once it is working again, I
        will ask once again for participants.

        To those of you who attempted to take the survey and especially those
        who contacted me concerning the problems, my thanks!!!

        Tessa Sullivan

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
          Thanks again to those who reported problems with the survey. These have been fixed and I have reopened the survey. Because of the problems, all of the data that was previously entered was removed. I would very much appreciate those who previously completed the survey to redo it. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hate to have to ask this of you but I would greatly appreciate your help with this study.

          The survey I am doing concerns metadata process (defined here as the sequence of activities, people, and systems involved in creating, editing, and managing metadata). I am interested in understanding the process and tools used by information professionals who have some interaction with the creation or management of metadata.

          The survey is approximately 40 questions and should take between 30 and 45 minutes.

          One participant will be randomly selected to receive a $25 gift certificate to Amazon. An email address must be given to be included in the drawing. This email address shall not be divulged to any other party nor used for any other purpose unless the participant grants permission for the researcher to contact him or her for a follow-up interview.

          The survey can be found at http://www.ils.unc.edu/~tsulliva/survey

          Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I really appreciate your help!

          Tessa Sullivan
          tsullivan@...

          -- Tessa Sullivan Ph.D student & Metadata Research Center Fellow School
          of Information and Library Sciences University of North Carolina, Chapel
          Hill tsullivan@...
        • Tessa Sullivan
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
            Hello again everyone,

            I am writing once again to ask you to participate in a survey I am doing
            on metadata process (defined here as the sequence of activities, people,
            and systems involved in creating, editing, and managing metadata). If
            you have already done so, then please accept my thanks! If you have
            not, your participation would be greatly appreciated and will help
            further the understanding of the metadata implementation process. I
            will close the survey on October 15, 2006.

            I am a Ph.D. student in the School for Information and Library Science
            at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and am interested in
            understanding the process and tools used by information professionals
            who have some interaction with the creation or management of metadata.

            The survey is approximately 40 questions and should take between 30 and
            45 minutes.

            One participant will be randomly selected to receive a $25 gift
            certificate to Amazon. An email address must be given to be included in
            the drawing. This email address shall not be divulged to any other party
            nor used for any other purpose unless the participant grants permission
            for the researcher to contact them for a follow-up interview.

            tsullivan@... <mailto:tsullivan@...>