4680Re: [TaxoCoP] WebProtege vs Protege Desktop

  • Nathan Wilson
    Mar 5, 2014
      Hi Karen,

      It has been a while since I used WebProtege, but I seem to recall that it did not have the plugin support that the desktop versions have.  Re-looking at the documentation, I believe that it still doesn't support plugins, but I could be mistaken

      Depending on what specifically you are trying to do can help decide which version of Protege you need.  Unfortunately version 3.X.X and version 4.X.X each have a different set of plugins and therefore do different tasks better.

      Nathan S. Wilson
      Ontologist UW-Madison

      On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:35 PM, Karen Bulow <karen_bulow@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      Does anyone use Protégé?  I'm looking at it for a project but am not sure if I should get the desktop or the web version.  I haven't been able to find a comparison on the two. I was able to find out that WebProtege does allow for ontologies to be private which helps a little, but what about comparing ease of use, differing features between the systems, developer issues in general between the two offerings?

      Karen

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic