4664What do you want aspiring taxos to know?

  • jennybenevento
    Jan 1, 2014
      As I mentioned at Taxo Boot Camp, I'm teaching a Thesaurus Construction class in a graduate library science program.  If you had a class like this or not, I'd love to hear what you would want someone coming out of such a program to know, especially as someone you might hire.  I have a whole twelve weeks to make new taxonomists, and what good would I be if I didn't do any focus groups before finalizing this syllabus?  You're welcome to recommend texts, links or just general ideas, and you're welcome to do it here or email me (jennybento a t g m a i l d o t c o m).  I always hear people complaining they can't find good taxos, so here's your chance to help make some.

      I'd be happy to make all your suggestions into a web page we can refer people to when they come in and ask what they should read to become a taxonomist.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic