4638Taxonomy Networking Oppurtunity

  • George Peckham-Rooney
    Oct 21 6:08 PM
      If you live in the Washington DC area or if you’re planning on attending the Taxonomy Boot Camp or KW World conference this year, the SLA Taxonomy Division would like to invite you to a no-host dinner on November 5th. No-hosts provide a great opportunity to network, socialize and talk shop. Whether you're a veteran taxonomist or someone hoping to learn a little more about the field, we encourage you to join us!

      • When: Tuesday, November 5th at 7:30pm
      • Where: Cuba Libre (http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/menus/city/Washington-DC), 801 9th St. NW, Ste A (Corner of 9th & H Streets), Washington, DC 20001
      • Who: Anyone interested in taxonomy, metadata, and related areas of practice. Non-SLA members are more than welcome, so feel free to spread the word.

      Please RSVP to Ben Licciardi (networking@...) so we can get an accurate headcount. We look forward to seeing you there!

      About Taxonomy Division:
      The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures. If you are interested in learning more about the division or joining us, please check out our website, where we have information about upcoming events.