      From: karen_bulow@... <karen_bulow@...>;
      To: <TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [TaxoCoP] Tagging to levels
      Sent: Thu, Oct 17, 2013 9:11:08 PM

      I am a librarian turned content manager/taxonomist.  In my 15 years as a librarian, I was always taught to tag content to the appropriate term no matter the level.  I now am in the corporate world and am working on a database where I tag books and chapters. The designer of the database thinks that the books should not be tagged any lower than our first level in the taxo and subsequent information encompassed in that book should only be tagged at a lower level than the book tagging.  This is very limiting on the scope of the content I am working with for some books as some books, in my mind, should be tagged at a lower level as the content is specific to lower level tags.  What am I missing?  Has anyone else run across such rules?  Is there any validity to them? I don't see the validity in this.

      Thanks,

      Karen

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic