4576Incorporating uncertainties into ontologies...

  • Keipat Patkei
    May 30, 2013
      Thanks for reading this. I hope members of this community might be able to point me to some online responses related to how one goes about "incorporating uncertainties" into ontologies when domain experts are in disagreement regarding the terms, relationships, assertions, and so on that should be part of them.  How does one deal with this and does it lend itself to building "probabilistic ontologies?"

      I'm sort of stuck in thinking that the general approach to handling this is through consensus building, governance, ontology mapping, use of thesauri, and, perhaps, leveraging PR-OWL (I have very limited knowledge of it, and I suspect it isn't applicable.)  Any thoughts on this?  I don't mind being told I'm way off base here.  Please advise and thanks to all.

      Keith DeWeese

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic