4574Taxonomy Networking Opportunities and Programs in San Diego, June 2013

  • George Peckham-Rooney
    May 24, 2013
      The SLA Taxonomy Division is offering networking opportunities in San Diego, a full day continuing education session, and a full slate of sessions that cover a taxonomy project from the initial development to applying a taxonomy to content. Please remember deadline for advanced registration is today. We also have a few updates, which have been noted below, and we will we be sending more information about shortly.
      Saturday, June 8th:
      • Continuing Education Workshop: Introduction to Taxonomies - Full day, including lunch
      • *Taxonomy Division Networking and Brainstorming* - 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. *Updated*
      • No- Host Dinner-  6:30 - 9:30 p.m.  Open to anybody in the area who’s interested Contact Ben Licciardi, benlicciardi@...,
        for details and RSVP.

      Sunday, June 9th:
      • Starting a Taxonomy Project - 11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
      • Selecting a Taxonomy Management Tool - 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
      • *Enhance Your Records Management Program with Taxonomy*  - 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.  *Updated*

      Monday, June 10th:
      • *Taxonomy Disaster Stories*8:00 - 9:30 a.m.  *Updated*
      • Organizing Knowledge (Spotlight Session) - 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
      • How to Apply Your Taxonomy to Your Content - 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
      • Open House – Networking event – 8:30 – 10:30 p.m.

      Tuesday, June 11th:
      • SharePoint Speed Dating: Tips and Techniques from the Pros - 2:00 p. m. - 3:30 p.m.

      If you need more information, please see the taxonomy division wiki or the SLA 2013 program information section for more information.

      During their recent website migration SLA experienced some technical difficulties that hampered their conference registration systems for the upcoming SLA Annual Conference so they have extended the deadline.

      Registration Information:

      For more information on conference registration please see the SLA website.
      About Taxonomy Division:
      The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures. If you are interested in learning more about the division or joining us, please check out our website, where we have information about upcoming events.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic