4572Open No-Host Taxonomy Dinner in San Diego, June 8

  • George Peckham-Rooney
    May 21, 2013
      If you live in the San Diego area or will be in town for the SLA Annual Conference this year, the SLA Taxonomy Division would like to invite you to a no-host dinner on Saturday June 8th. No-hosts provide a great opportunity to network, socialize, and talk shop. Whether you're a veteran taxonomist or someone hoping to learn a little more about the field, we encourage you to join us!
      • When: Saturday, June 8th at 6:30pm
      • Where: Chopahn Restaurant* (http://www.chopahnrestaurant.com/), 750 6th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
      • Who: Anyone interested in taxonomy, metadata, and related areas of practice. Non-SLA members are welcome, so feel free to spread the word.
      Please RSVP to Ben Licciardi (benlicciardi@...) so we can get an accurate headcount. We look forward to seeing you there!

      *Chopahn specializes in Afghan cuisine, and was suggested by the local SLA chapter as quiet enough for conversation and willing to give individual checks. If you've never tried food from this area of the world, there’s something for everyone: kabobs, salads, curries, and lots of vegetarian options.

      About Taxonomy Division:
      The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures. If you are interested in learning more about the division or joining us, please check out our website, where we have information about upcoming events.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic