3881ECIR 2011 Industry Day, Dublin, 21st April
- Mar 3, 2011ECIR 2011 Industry Day
Thursday 21st April 2011
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
We are pleased to announce ECIR 2011 Industry Day, which takes place on the final day of the European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR) in Dublin. This year's event includes an outstanding range of speakers addressing fundamental issues in search such as scalability and relevance ranking as well as novel and innovative developments in mobile search, semantic analysis and open source search. With this mix of experts we should also get a unique preview into what the future might hold. The event should appeal to search practitioners, researchers, consultants, students, academics, and developers alike.
* Martin Szummer (Microsoft Research) "Learning to rank: new techniques and applications"
* Doug Aberdeen (Google) "Inside the Gmail Priority Inbox"
* Flavio Junqueira (Yahoo!) "Practical search engine caching"
* Marcello Trovati (IBM) "The IBM Smarter Cities Initiative"
* Johannes Heinecke (Orange Labs) "Semantic Interpretation of User Queries"
* Gery Ducatel (BT) "Searching Solutions for the Mobile Workforce"
* Richard Boulton (Celestial Navigation) "Practical Lessons in Search Ranking, Diversification, Disambiguation and Refinement"
* Charlie Hull (Flax) "Searching the Unexpected - An Open Source Toolkit Approach"
* Tyler Tate (TwigKit) "From Lookup to Learning: Information-seeking as a long-term Activity"
* Martin White (Intranet Focus) "Search Benchmarking using a Heuristic Technique"
ECIR Industry Day is organised by the Information Retrieval Specialist Group of the BCS (British Computer Society)
Registration fees: Students 99 Euros (after 8th April: 125 Euros), Regular 145 Euros (after 8th April 175 Euros)
Industry Day Organisers:
* Tony Russell-Rose, Endeca
* Udo Kruschwitz, University of Essex
Further details: http://ecir2011.dcu.ie/program/industry-day/
Tony Russell-Rose PhD MBCS CITP
Vice-chair, BCS IRSG
Chair, IEHF HCI Group