3568Re: [TaxoCoP] ECM....need advice

  • Debora Seys
    Jun 2, 2010

      I like what James Robertson has to say about CMS selection and requirements in several places on his site, for example here:  http://www.steptwo.com.au/papers/cmb_requirements/index.html
      And he sells this but I don't have personal experience with using it:  http://www.steptwo.com.au/products/toolkit

      On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:59 AM, Nick Berry wrote:

      Hi, my company (REI) is investigating the purchase of a CMS but our list of functional requirements is swiftly growing out of control.  We need something to perform regular CMS functions within the context of several environments (QA, proofing, staging, production) and a decentralized content creation paradigm.  We have dozens of discrete content types.

      Is there an IA or taxonomist out there who would be willing to chat with me offline for about half an hour?  Someone who's been down this road before.  I'd love to pick your brain about pitfalls, architecture, workflow, and governance.

      If you're in the Seattle area I'll buy you lunch; otherwise I can send you a Starbuck's gift card.  Because I know that, wherever you are, you have Starbucks.  :)

      Nick Berry
      Content Architect & Taxonomist
      Recreational Equipment, Inc.  (REI)

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic