      From: TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf
      Of Susan Hensley
      Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 1:19 PM
      To: TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TaxoCoP] New Members

      Hi Seth and all,

      I am working on creating a metadata and content model
      to support content reuse across a financial web site.

      This implies a "vocabulary" for our xml document
      structure, as well as a real controlled vocab of
      products, services and topics that we'd like to be
      able to build to serve our content model use cases.
      Right now we have a few metadata fields with decent
      autopopulated values, and an implicit taxonomy in our
      folder structures.

      I am starting to become more of a "data modeler" as
      part of my Information Architect identity and it's
      very interesting - but requirements for *content* seem
      to me to be a little different than requirements for
      *data* and there is less information on how to
      translate those requirements into models, but then
      I've just begun to use UML models.

      Anyone else here working on similar issues?

      Tx,

      Susan

      --- Seth Earley <seth@...> wrote:

      > Try this again.
      >
      > My last note was cut off.
      >
      > As I said , we've had a number of new members join.
      >
      > When you join, you enter a short reason why you are
      > interested in the group
      > and some have told me who they are and what company
      > they are with.
      >
      > So perhaps I could encourage more of you to send a
      > brief introduction and
      > tell us something about the projects you are working
      > on.
      >
      > The goal is to know who our community is and to see
      > if people are working on
      > similar projects. This way we have a better chance
      > of stimulating dialog.
      >
      > A lot of people are new to this and may be hesitant
      > to post. I encourage
      > you to simply tell us who you are and why you are
      > interested in the topic.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >

      > Seth

      Yahoo! Groups Links