      From: TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gabriel Tanase
      Sent: 04 January 2010 22:31
      To: TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TaxoCoP] data modeling and taxonomy

      A data modeler is expected to create blueprint designs (known as 'logical data models') for data structures that are then physically implemented in databases, for use by software application(s).
      As part of logical data modeling a data modeler may create a generalization/specialization hierarchy of types (classes, entities), which - IMHO - is the area where data modeling and taxonomy meet most intensely.

      Regards,
      Gabriel
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/gabrieltanase

      2010/1/4 Heather Hedden <heather@...>

      How do data modeling and taxonomy relate?
      I'm curious to hear from those of you who have done data modeling how you would describe what a data modeler does.
      Thanks.

      -- Heather

      --
      Heather Hedden