      From: John O'Gorman <jogorman@...>
      To: TaxoCoP@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 8:31:38 AM
      Subject: Re: [TaxoCoP] Most common facets used within organisations

      Hi Stavros;

      As a method for managing collections, Q6 is based on Ranganathan' s system of classification. Interestingly, it also has a loose resemblence to the Zachman Framework for enterprise architecture, but was independently derived.

      The difference with Q6 is in its granularity and its geometry. In addition to using the concepts of colon classification, the principles of Q6 start at word level and can be extended right up through any digital asset. Photos, documents, diagrams and construction drawings can all be deconstructed and reassembled using the same nineteen facets and Q6 axioms.

      I'm working on a whitepaper outlining the approach and the results of the first few applications. It should be finished fairly shortly.

      John O'
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic