3213RE: [TaxoCoP] Science & Technology Taxonomy

    Sep 2 7:33 PM

      That’s a tough question because the fields of science and technology are so broad and deep.  Life Sciences taxonomies such as MeSH contain hundreds of thousands of terms for example.  Terminology can be extremely esoteric and be targeted at sub specialties or can be very broad  and high level for the layperson.

      As is always the challenge in developing taxonomies, appropriate terminology depends on the depth of knowledge of specific audiences, the types of tasks and processes they are engaged in and the content that needs to be accessed.

      If you can describe more of these details, I am sure some of the members of the list can point you to more appropriate resources.

      President

      EARLEY & ASSOCIATES, Inc.
      Cell: 781-820-8080

      Office: 781-444-0287
      Email: seth@...
      Web:
      www.earley.com

      Follow me on Twitter: sethearley

      I will be speaking at the Henry Stewart Digital Asset Management Conference

      Chicago www.damusers.com October 29th