3207Re: [TaxoCoP] Survey on the Future of Taxonomy Work

  • Heather Hedden
    Sep 2, 2009
      Hi Patrick,

      This survey is a great idea. I have completed it, and I look forward to hearing your results.
      When do you plan to close the survey and begin analyzing the results? I'd love to cite some of your conclusions in my forthcoming book, although my manuscript submission deadline is approaching in mid-October. (I might be able to add something in after that.)

      -- Heather

      Heather Hedden
      Hedden Information Management
      www.hedden-information.com

      Tel. 978-371-0822
      Heather@...

      On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Patrick Lambe <plambe@...> wrote:

      Hi folks

      I am conducting a survey on the present and future of taxonomy work and the needs of taxonomy professionals. I'll be reporting the results at Taxonomy Bootcamp in San Jose this coming November, and participants in the survey will also get a report of the results (which will include additional research beyond the survey).

      For those of you who believe that taxonomies still have a future, this might ! make interesting reading, and for those of you who believe a la Theresa Regli that "taxonomies are dead", we'd like to hear from you on why!

      You can take the survey at http://tinyurl.com/taxonomywork

      Many thanks in advance!

      Best wishes

      Patrick