      From: Janice Keeler <keelerjs@...>
      Subject: Taxonomy workshop and separate dinner in Washington, DC on June 13
      To: "list TaxoCop" <taxocop@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 11:51 AM

      As part of the SLA Annual Conference in Washington, DC, there is an all-day workshop on taxonomy, meta-data and search on Saturday, June 13 (described below).  You can register for the workshop without attending the conference. There are some other sessions that you may find relevant as well. For information and registration see http://www.sla.org/content/Events/conference/ac2009/index.cfm.
      Also, anybody in the area interested in joining a group of people working in taxonomy and related topics for dinner on Saturday evening, June 13 is welcome. Just let me know if you are interested and we'll sort out details depending on how many respond.
      Click University -- Taxonomy Tidbits, Meta-data Madness--Insider Information from the Experts
      Saturday, 13 June 2009 8:00AM - 5:00PM
      Ticketed Event #275
      Price: US $349 member / US $500 non-member / US $175 student member
      Location: TBA

      Search…doesn’t work. A bold statement! Come learn why – share your experiences. How does taxonomy save search? What is the relationship between taxonomy and meta-data? How do you build and deploy them to save search? Taxonomy is now a “must have”, no longer a nice to have. Meta-data and particularly taxonomies (and variation, therein) have been openly embraced by nonbelievers and covertly co-opted by the naysayers. Learn why and how you can make the business case for your organization. Come armed with questions and real life challenges to stump the experts! Intermediate to advanced – fundamentals to more advanced topics are covered; attendees should have had exposure to the topic and be prepared to contribute real world challenges.
      Audiences: All attendees
      Marjorie Hlava, President and Chairman, Access Innovation Inc.
      Alice Redmond-Neal, Access Innovation
      Jay V Ven Eman, Access Innovation
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic