1851Platform independant taxonomy tools

  • lingley
    Mar 1 4:51 AM
      Hi, I am new to the group and see some familiar names. A brief
      background on myself: I managed the services team and knowledge
      management group at Verity/Autonomy for a number of years. I have
      recently left which leads me to my question for the group.

      What platform independant tools are available, and respected by the
      librarian community, for developing and maintaining taxonomy structure
      and associated terms (rules)? I am looking for something I can
      integrate into an existing search platform. This does not necessarily
      need to be opensource. The key terms in my question are "platform
      free", meaning not part of another search company, and "respected",
      which as we all know can be difficult to find.

      I appreciate your time in reading this. I look forward to reconnecting
      with you all as well.

      Thanks.

      David Lingley
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic