1812Re:Taxonomies, Search, and Microsoft SharePoint

  • Chris Dewey
    Feb 2, 2007
      Another company worth a look in this field is Active Navigation. I
      work for them, so bear my bias in mind!

      Active Navigation's products are founded on linguistic theme
      extraction technology research from the University of Southampton
      (UK).

      Unlike other approaches, no dictionaries or training sets are
      required, setup is rapid, and results are generated quickly.

      The resulting indexes are used for many outputs including taxonomy
      generation (based on thematic content), user navigation and metadata
      creation for ECM systems (including automatic thematic summarisation).

      As this isn't the place to go into more detail, please visit the
      website if you would like any further information.

      Best regards

      Chris Dewey
      chris.dewey@...
      http://www.activenav.com/