1465RE: [TaxoCoP] Re: Visualization technologies

  • Amanda Xu
    Jul 20, 2006
      Thanks, Roy, for showing me your way. What you did is
      amazing and seems very flexible in terms of
      anticipating changes and growth of your EA. What is
      the one tool that you are referring to for M3/M2/M1/M0
      layer modeling - not 'The Brain'? How do you like
      'Agile WebModeler'? I could not get a trial version
      from them.

      Replication and synchronization among M1/M0 is quite
      challenging. What tools do you use? Do you have
      samples or client websites that I can take a look?

      In addition to define object, class, instance, their
      associations and methods in open standards such as
      CWM, MOF, UML, LC classification scheme, etc., keep M2
      layer updated is also quite time consuming and labor
      intensive. I am wondering if you have any suggestion.
      What systems do you use to setup the repository - any
      DB, project server, CMS, version control, search
      services, etc. for the artifacts?

      Luckily, you have the freedom to define your own
      thesaurus with the consensus of end users. As long as
      it is working within your enterprise, it is fine. How
      often do you need to restructure everything due to the
      change of location, organization, resources, etc.? Do
      you have systems to decentralize the workflow for
      maintaining the thesaurus?

      As far I am concerned, we need top level ontology to
      be agreed upon by standard organization such as W2C,
      OMG, OASIS, LC, etc.

      For us, librarians, we have to reflect the truth of
      being or of the thing. Someone recommended UDC today.
      But most of our resources are already in LC
      classification and LC subject headings. Why do we
      need to reinvent the wheel?

      In short, I am still very confused. Thanks a million
      for any help!

      Amanda Xu

      <blocked::http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=2231+Crystal+Drive,+Ste+501&csz=Arlingon,+VA&country=us>

      <blocked::https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=34360117809&v0=756286&k0=2046596413>