1367Re: [TaxoCoP] Visualization technologies

  • Amanda Xu
    Jul 1, 2006
      Back in 1998, I tried to get Brain to work with
      KnowledgeCite Library resources, where authoritative
      citation resources were integrated using Windows based
      file systems, JAVA, and AltaVista search engines. But
      the project did not get fly off the ground because no
      further vendor captalists supported it as far as I

      Glad to know that product still is still in use. What
      is the URL to the company site?

      Amanda Xu

      --- James Funk <jdfunk_tosa@...> wrote:

      > I have also used The Brain for maintaining and
      > navigating the knowledge items that are important to
      > me. I have 520 nodes in my Brain file and have
      > slowly migrated all of my files, notes and thoughts
      > to it.
      > I also like the visualization that it gives to
      > organizing and searching related concepts and
      > thoughts.
      > James Funk
      > President
      > Beyond Accuracy LLC
      > I am wondering if anyone else has views
      > on The Brain - or other comparable visualization
      > interfaces like Inxight's Star Tree - as front-ends
      > to structures such as taxonomies?
      > Regards,
      > Bob
      > >>Principal Associate<<
      > >>InfoPlex Associates<<
      > Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small
      > Business.

      Amanda Xu
      58-11 197th St.
      Fresh Meadows, NY 11365