Job Work Query - Whether ST leviable on Job Work where goods are exempt from Excise duty

  • Rebecca Andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2010
      I have received the following query from a member :

      A is manufacturer of goods which are exempt from payment of excise duty. A gets some work done from B on job work basis. Is A liable to pay service tax for job work from B, in case B does not pay to the govt.?

      Please send your response.

      Kind regards,

      Rebecca Andrews