Fwd: [CAsofGoa] 30% tax on trusts:pl email letter to protest the same

  • Paras Chhajed, FCA, Rajnandgaon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 3:20 AM

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: bheda atul <bhedaac2001@...>
      Date: Jul 31, 2008 3:03 PM
      Subject: [CAsofGoa] 30% tax on trusts:pl email letter to protest the same
      To: ATUL BHEDA <bhedaac2001@...>

      Dear all,

      Recent amendments u/s 115BBC of Income tax Act , to tax all anonymous donations at a flat rate of 30% will affect lakhs of charitable institutions across the country.

       There is petition filed before the Petition Committee of Rajya Sabha against the imposition of this tax. The petition was admitted on April 16, 2008..

       Petition committee has invited suggestion from general public on view on this.

      A are four formats . Please go through  it and make corrections/editing if you want. Request you to circulate among all your friends and ask them to take out the print out of any one format and send it by post or email to the address as under as the protest.

      We need to try to get as many letters from members of public at large Chartered Accountants, charitable and religious organizations as possible. More use of official letter heads will be helpful. Please do the need ful.

      Shri J Sundriyal  Jt Director, Rajya Sabha Secretariat,  Parliament House Annexe , New Delhi 110001 tel 011 23034541 Fax  23012007 email sundriyal@...

      Copy of letter from Petition Committee is also enclosed

      CA Atul Bheda

      To,

      Shri J.Sundriyal,

      Joint Director,

      Rajya Sabha Secretariat,

      New Delhi 110 001

      Sub : Exemption to charitable organizations from payment of I.T.on anonymous donations.

      Respected Sir,

      I thanks to the Petition Committee for inviting the general public views on taxation on anonymous donations.

      Our constitution is devoted of welfare state. Taxation on the charitable institution is injustice to destitute people. Like foreign counties, India does not have any comprehensive policy for social security. In this situation, at least Government should not impose the tax on those ten kind of charitable organizations which named in the petition because all the institutions are the only supportive base for the needy people.

      I would like to suggest you that in spite of taxing these charitable organizations, Government should give subsidy to these organizations.

      I firmly believe that the Petition Committee of Rajya Sabha will accept my suggestion.

      Thanking you,

      Yours truly,

      To,

      Shri J.Sundriyal,

      Joint Director,

      Rajya Sabha Secretariat,

      New Delhi 110 001

      Sub : Exemption to charitable organizations from payment of I.T.on anonymous donations.

      Respected Sir,

      I strongly oppose the levy of income tax on anonymous donations receive by the charitable organizations.

      The categories of charitable organizations mentioned in the petition are take care of the safety, well being and survival of oppressed and destitute persons, protect cattle and live stock.

      Imposing income tax on these charitable organizations by the Government is injustice and violation of fundamental rights of the people. It is absolutely unfair that "rewards the murderers and punishes the protectors." Government gives different kinds of subsidies to meat exporters. On the other hand the organisations, which run goshalas and other projects for animal protection, are being taxed by the government.

      I request Petition Committee of Rajya Sabha to remove the every kind of taxes on charitable institutions.

      Thanking you,

      Yours truly,

      To,

      Shri J.Sundriyal,

      Joint Director,

      Rajya Sabha Secretariat,

      New Delhi 110 001

      Sub : Relief to charitable organizations from payment of I.T.on "Guptdan"

      Respected Sir,

      It is unconstitutional and inhuman that Government has imposed 30% of income tax on "Guptdan" received by the charitable trusts.

      The categories of charitable institutions mentioned in the petition like Orphanage homes, panjrapole and goshalas, organisations working for physically challenged, bird and animal hospitals, institutions treating critical disease like cancer free of cost, providing free relief to the victims of any calamity, providing free meals and the organisations working for widows and destitute should not be taxed rather they should be encouraged by the government.

      I request Petition Committee of Rajya Sabha to remove the taxes and give positive incentives to those institution who are helping the Government in translate the ideals of the Constitution.

      Thanking you,

      Yours truly,

      To,

      Shri J.Sundriyal,

      Joint Director,

      Rajya Sabha Secretariat,

      New Delhi 110 001

      Sub : Tax exemption to genuine charitable organizations

      Respected Sir,

      I strongly condemn the imposition of tax u/s 115BBC to tax all anonymous donations at a flat rate of 30% will affect lakhs of charitable institutions across the country

      As a result of such a tax a large number of small and big non government organisations (NGO's) engaged in charitable activities for the less privileged would have limited resources with them as most of these institutions will now have to pay a tax of 30% on the entire quantum of their receipts comprising anonymous donations.

      Guptadan is both a sanskar and a fundamental right of the people. Our shastras preach about donating for charitable causes without expecting any fame for the same.

      I request you to reconsider the tax imposition since it is injustice to destitute people.

      Thanking you,

      Yours truly,

      Shri J Sundriyal  Jt Director, Rajya Sabha Secretariat,  Parliament House Annexe , New Delhi 110001 tel 011 23034541 Fax  23012007 email sundriyal@...

      CA Paras Chhajed