Re: [TaxFinSoft] Minimum amount to be invested in PPF

  • nikhil vadia
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      As per my knowledge it is still min 500 only

      saurabh <saurabh@...> wrote:
      Respected Members
      I have a PPF account in Bank of Baroda Vile Parle West Branch. I have been depositing Rs. 500/- (minimum amount) since 2004. However, suddenly in the last week the bank officer demanded to pay penalty charges for investing less than the minimum amount.
      Kindly let me know the minimum amount to be invested in PPF account and if possible w.e.f which date and reference of circulars, sections, etc if any.
      Regards
      CA. SAURABH DAVE
      Accounts
      Board +91 22 28529911 extn 9817
      Direct +91 22 40319817
      Fax + 91 22 28519770
      Mobile +91 9324443862
          ------------ --------- --------- --------- ------  Shemaroo Entertainment Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, India

    • saurabh
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007

        Dear Nikhil

        Thank you for prompt reply. Can you tell me where I will get the circular regarding minimum amount to be paid?

        Regards

        SAURABH DAVE

        Accounts

        www.shemaroo.com

        saurabh < saurabh@... > wrote:

[...]

      • Prashant Singhania
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
          Dear Saurabh,

          As on date, the minimum amount to be deposited in PPF is Rs. 500.00 Per year. Yaou may ask from your banker why they are demanding such penalty charges.

          saurabh <saurabh@...> wrote:
          Respected Members
          I have a PPF account in Bank of Baroda Vile Parle West Branch. I have been depositing Rs. 500/- (minimum amount) since 2004. However, suddenly in the last week the bank officer demanded to pay penalty charges for investing less than the minimum amount.
          Kindly let me know the minimum amount to be invested in PPF account and if possible w.e.f which date and reference of circulars, sections, etc if any.
          Regards
          CA. SAURABH DAVE
          Accounts
          Board +91 22 28529911 extn 9817
          Direct +91 22 40319817
          Fax + 91 22 28519770
          Mobile +91 9324443862
              ------------ --------- --------- --------- ------  Shemaroo Entertainment Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, India

          ?
          PRASHANT SINGHANIA

        • Sandeep Desai
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
            Minimum requirement is 500/- deposit per year. bank officer may not have details.

            sandeep

            saurabh <saurabh@...> wrote:
            Respected Members
            I have a PPF account in Bank of Baroda Vile Parle West Branch. I have been depositing Rs. 500/- (minimum amount) since 2004. However, suddenly in the last week the bank officer demanded to pay penalty charges for investing less than the minimum amount.
            Kindly let me know the minimum amount to be invested in PPF account and if possible w.e.f which date and reference of circulars, sections, etc if any.
            Regards
            CA. SAURABH DAVE
            Accounts
            Board +91 22 28529911 extn 9817