Tar River Distribution

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010

      From: Tim Lane
      Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 11:49 AM
      To: Adam Ipock
      Subject: Tar River Distribution

      The above is semaphore for THANK YOU. A big thanks to Ron Kanthak for putting on this past weekend’s event. I actually heard the weather forecaster this morning say she really missed it on Saturday. I could have told her it was going to rain because we all were camping at West Edgecombe Ruritan Club!! Ron has promised no rain or freezing temperatures for Winter Camporee!! Also to Mr. Adam and his team for registration and getting the instructors together for Morse Code. I heard a lot of “deee” “dots” coming from the building.

      For those that had scouts attending Astronomy, I will be getting out information soon to the Scoutmasters on items that were completed. I also hope to have a makeup day (excuse me, night) for viewing. Details to come.

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE- "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
      individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
      review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
      information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received
      this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Please note that
      any view or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
      those of Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc. and/or its affiliates. Finally, the recipient should check this e-mail
      and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Boddie-Noell Enterprises accepts no liability for any damage
      caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail."
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2012

        Message from Tim Lane, Tar River District Chairman.

        Whenever you see a person in a uniform, you get a quick sense of who they are and what they do. The members of a sports team wear their uniforms to say "I belong to this group." Police officers and firefighters wear their uniforms to say "I provide a service to my community." Even superheroes wear uniforms to say "I'm one of the good guys, and I stand for what's right."

        Just like all of these people, Scouts also wear a uniform, and for the very same reasons. As a Scout, you belong to a special group of people, you give service to your community, and you have made a promise to do your best to be one of the "good guys." Wearing your uniform is a way of saying these things to everyone who sees you.

        So why am I on my soap box this morning? Last night Ron Kanthak gave his report for Trash pickup for the Tar River District. Out of 42 units we only had 6 units to participate in the Keep America Clean trash pickup. SIX!?! Folks we are better than that! It is not too late.

        Take your Cubs or Scouts out next week for just an hour in uniform and pick up some trash.

        What does this do? It supports your teaching that being a scout is about giving back. It supports your teaching about being a Citizen in Community. It supports your recruitment as folks will see scouts in your area. It supports fundraising as people will remember your good deed when we come around selling something. It helps you with Journey to Excellence requirements. And most importantly, it is what Scouts do!!!!

        Remember to record how many people and for how long. Also how many bags of trash and how many bags of recycled material were collected. Let Ron Kanthak know your results. Thank you in advance for your support of Scouting and Keep America Beautiful.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012

          Message from Tim Lane, District Chairman

          This past weekend brought terrible news of the death of 3 scouts and their scoutmaster due to a car accident in Colorado. They were on their way back home from a week of camp.

          Please remember a tired driver is the same as a drunk driver. After a week of hot camp and anxiousness to get home please take that rest break (yes even when traveling to Camp Boddie.) Below is an excerpt from Guide to Safe Scouting.