Updates - TIME CRITICAL Golf Club at Rocky Mount 5k and 10k Race

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2010

      Good afternoon Lew.  I hope you have had a great summer.  Our race is just around the corner, and I am hoping you can help spread the word among the Scout leaders as soon as possible.  Our race entry fees go up on 09/01, so this is always are biggest week of registration.  We are hoping the Packs/Troops will help us spread the word one more time.

      It appears the eight different Units have really taken the contest to heart, as a clear group has emerged as leaders.  That being said, it is still possible for any of the Scout Units to win.  To increase the odds of winning, we have decided to add a cash prize for the 4th and 5th place units as well.  Details are below.

      Could you please copy-and-paste the information below and forward to the Tar River District Scout Leaders.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

      Thanks again.

      Michael

      Golf Club at Rocky Mount 5k & 10K Race August Update:

      REGISTRATION UPDATE:  Things are still going great with the Golf Club at Rocky Mount Races.  Registration is on a record pace with over 200 signed up as of August 23rd.  The September 11th race caps at 350 participants, and will sell out early.  Learn more at www.fordscolonyrace.com

      PACK/TROOP CHALLENGE:  Several Scout Units are pushing hard to win the $500 cash prize for the Unit with the most referral points. Runners and volunteers that pick your Scout Unit when they register earn you points.  Here are the current standings.  With 150 spots still left in the race, anyone can still win The Challenge.

      Pack

      Runners

      Volunteers

      Grand Total

      1st

      #76 - Nashville Methodist

      19

      3

      22

      2nd

      #16 - Dorches Baptist / Red Oak Vol Fire

      17

      2

      19

      3rd

      #5 - First United Methodist

      17

      17

      4th

      #7 - First Presbyterian

      10

      13

      5th

      #628 - Englewood Presbyterian

      11.5

      1

      12.5

      6th

      #587 - West Edgecombe Ruritan

      11

      11

      7th

      #37 - Coopers Ruritan Club

      7

      7

      7th

      #40 - Englewood United Methodist

      7

      7

      9th

      #11 - Westhaven Presbyterian

      4

      4

      10th

      #226 - Sunset Church of God

      3

      3

      11th

      #148 - Ephesus Baptist

      2

      2

      11th

      #413 - Webbs Chapel Baptist

      2

      2

      11th

      #516 - Rocky Mount LDS

      2

      2

      14th

      #1045 - The Focus Ministry Inc.

      1

      1

      14th

      #1624 - Thorne Chapel Missionary

      1

      1

      14th

      #217 - Bethlehem Baptist

      1

      1

      14th

      #718 - Metropolitan Baptist

      1

      1

      14th

      #752 - St. Pauls United Methodist

      1

      1

      14th

      #816 - First Free Will Baptist

      1

      1

      14th

      #96 - St. James United Methodist

      1

      1

      14th

      #961 - Pinetops United Methodist

      1

      1

      MORE CASH!:  We have decided to increase the cash pool for the Pack/Troop Challenge.  We now will also award cash to the 4th and 5th place Units.  So now there is an even great chance to win.  Here is how the prize money will break down now:

      • 1st - $500
      • 2nd - $300
      • 3rd - $200
      • 4th - $125
      • 5th - $75

      HOW CAN WE EARN MORE POINTS?:  Here are a few reminders that other Scout Units have used to earn points.  These are all simple and very easy to do:

      • Brochures: Race brochures are now available.  You can request a small stack by emailing runrmec@....  Inside the brochure, there is a place to right your Scout Unit's number.  This way people will remember which Unit to pick when they register!
      • Emails: Email your friends and tell them about the race and the Pack/Troop Challenge.  We have a simple email you can copy to send out.  Just email us at runrmec@... and we will send a copy you can use.
      • Church Bulletin: Most Scout Units meet in a church or a civic building.  Ask them to help spread the word.  One of the Packs above had their church post a short message in the church bulletin last weekend.  It gave them a big boost!
      • Volunteer: Don't forget that the first three volunteers for each Unit earn points in The Challenge!  That makes it easy to earn three points for only three hours of volunteering.

      Thank you!

      Michael Forrester & Scott Wingfield

      Race Directors

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE- "This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
      individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
      review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
      information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received
      this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Please note that
      any view or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
      those of Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc. and/or its affiliates. Finally, the recipient should check this e-mail
      and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Boddie-Noell Enterprises accepts no liability for any damage
      caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail."