merit badge camporee

  • Ron Kanthak
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2010
      It is coming to be that time of year again, the merit badge camporee is not far away!!!

       We will have a planning meeting this sunday the 8th at St. Paul's Methodist Church starting at 4pm.

        Anybody and everybody is welcome to attend, if you have a merit badge you would like to teach or one you would like to see being offered, please come to the meeting or call and let us know what you would like to see taught.

         We are trying to make this merit badge camporee better and more rewarding for the youth each year and to do this we need the input of leaders and Scouts in the Tar River
      District. So if you can attend great if not and have some ideas please call.

    • Ron Kanthak
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 17, 2010
        Troops, do you have some youth that are just joining and starting in late December or the first of the year. To late to get them in merit badges but want to attend. Well if there is the interest we will have a mini first year program at the camporee, 2-3 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday, going over the totin chip, firemen chip, basic tenderfoot requirements.
                  Please let know if you are interested in this class.

                        Thanks
                     Ron Kanthak
      • Ron Kanthak
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 10, 2011
          Unit leaders:
               Things needed on Friday:
          1. troop roster of the boys attending the camporee
          2. a list of any scouts who are attending and are wanting to
              add another class or two, make a note of the merit
              badges they would like to get into. This way if a scout
              does not attend the camporee we may have classes
              opening up for other scouts.
          3. take both of these lists to the registration table as soon
              as you arrive at the Ruritan club.
          4. check or cash to pay the registration and any fees.
          5. when your unit arrives contact Ron Kanthak to get your
              assigned camping spot. If you do not see or know me
              call 883-2716
          6. DO NOT FORGET ANY SCOUTS ON YOUR BADGE
              TRACKER ROSTER ON JANUARY 13TH MUST BE
              PAID FOR WHETHER THEY ATTEND THE EVENT
              OR NOT. BADGE TRACKER WILL BE LOCKED
              AFTER THE 12TH, SO ANY CHANGES NEED TO BE
              MAKE BY THE 12TH. This will then give us time to see
              what classes may have opened up.
          7. Also contact Ron if you want any bbq plates Friday nite

              If you have any questions call me or see me at the
          roundtable Thursday.