Fw: Tar River Challenge

  • j_suggs_jr@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2010

      From: TAR RIVER RENTALS & SHIND <tarrs@...>
      Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
      To: James Suggs<j_suggs_jr@...>
      Subject: Tar River Challenge

      Hi everyone.  I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of the scouts and youth  who attended Tar River Challenge for taking your time to dedicate to them.  Everyone made it a sucessful day!

      Tina Parker

    • j_suggs_jr@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 27, 2012
        Message from Tina Parker.

        From: Tina Parker <cubmaster226@...>
        Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:13:24 -0400
        To: j_suggs_jr<j_suggs_jr@...>

        Thanks to all of the Units, Scouts, their families, and other volunteers that helped to participate in the Tar River Challenge this past weekend.  I think our purpose was well served and that was for the kids to be safe and have fun!

        Tina Parker
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14, 2013

          2013 Cub Scout Tar River Challenge

          What: Join us for the 2013 Tar River Challenge.  We will have shooting sports, hiking, biking, racing, camping and a lot more.

          When: Friday - Sunday, March 22nd-24th.  Check-in for camping will begin on Friday after 3PM.  Events will run from 9AM-5PM on Saturday followed by evening activities.  Depart before 11AM on Sunday.

          Where: Indian Lake Park, Tarboro

          Cost:  $10.00 per Scout,  participating sibling,  and registered leader.  There will be a family cap of $24.00 per family.  Additional participants wishing to camp must pay $5.00 per person.

          If you have not registered your Unit to assist with an event please do so quickly by contacting Tina Parker at 544-0219 or by e-mail at tparker@...<mailto:tparker@...>.

          Tina Parker

          East Carolina Council, Boy Scouts of America

          Northern Area, District Executive

          Serving Halifax, Northampton, Hertford, Bertie, and Edgecombe Counties

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 20, 2013

            Please see the attached message.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 23

              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

              From:"amomof3scouts@..." <amomof3scouts@...>
              Date:Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 7:04 PM

              Scouters,
                  After talking with our pack leaders and experienced leaders from other packs, it is with great regret that we are going to cancel Tar River Challenge.  We have consulted numerous weather stations and it looks like it will be cold, wet and rainy    most of the day Saturday and Sunday. There is a lot of time, effort and planning that goes into making these district events successful. Safety is our first priority for everyone and second is making this a positive experience. We are sad that this event isn't going to take place, as we had great events and activities planned. This just makes everyone really excited for next year. Thank you for your patience while we were consulting everyone to make the best decision possible.

              Yours in scouting,
              Andrea Sessoms
              Cubmaster Pack 49

              Sent from my iPhone