Information from Lew Sisson

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2010

      Scout leaders and parents,

      I have recently been informed that there is some confusion concerning Boy Scout camping regulations.

      Parents, grandparents, siblings and any other family members ARE allowed to go camping with their boys (or girls) in Scout Packs, Troops, Crews and Posts, without being registered Scout leaders.  Please note that the rules set forth in the Guide to Safe Scouting should always be enforced and family members that are not registered are not covered by Boy Scout insurance.

      If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me at 252-955-9213.

      Thank You,

      Lew Sisson
      Tar River District Director