scout show

  • Mescoutuscout2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
      REMINDER TO ALL UNITS THE DISTRICT SCOUT SHOW AND PINEWOOD DERBY IS SATURDAY MARCH 6 TH AT GOLDEN EAST CROSSING MALL IN ROCKY MOUNT!!!!

      THE OPENING OF THE SCOUT SHOW IS AT 9:45 AM FOR THE FLAG RAISING AND THE  SCOUT SHOW RUNNING FROM 10 AM UNTIL 2 PM.

      THE PINEWOOD DERBY WILL BE STARTING WITH REGISTRATION AT 8:30 AM AND THE RACING STARTING AT 9 AM.

      THE COST IS $3.00 PER REGISTERED SCOUT AND LEADER, THIS INCLUDES ENTRY TO THE PINEWOOD DERBY AND THE SCOUT SHOW. THE $3.00 COVERS THE COST OF THE INSURANCE AND THE EVENT PATCH.

      WE HAVE SEVERAL PEOPLE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE SCOUTS COMING TO THE EVENT, BUT THIS IS OUR SINGLE BIGGEST EVENT TO SHOWCASE SOUTING TO THE PUBLIC AND WE NEED AS MANY PACKS, TROOPS, CREWS AND VENTURE GROUPS TO COME OUT AND PUT UP A INTERACTIVE BOOTH OR DISPLAY. LETS BE OUT IN FORCE AND SHOW THE COMMUNITY A POSITIVE ASPECT OF THE ROCKY MOUNT YOUTH.
      UNIT WILL AS IN THE PAST NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN TABLES, THERE IS PLENTY OF ELECTRIC OUTLETS IF YOU NEED THEM. UNITS MAY SET UP AFTER THE MALL CLOSES FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9 PM OR AFTER 6 AM SATURDAY MORNING.

      PLEASE CONTACT RON KANTHAK (883-2716) OR DAVID HARPER (883-1774) WITH QUESTIONS OR TO LET US KNOW THAT YOUR UNIT IS COMING AND WHAT THEY PLAN TO DO AT THE SHOW.

    • Ron Kanthak
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2010
        Just a reminder to units, that the Tar River District Scout Show is this Saturday March 6th. The opening is at 9:45am and the event runs from 10am until 2pm. We have several outside groups coming to participate, now we to get our Scouting units out to the event and let the community that there are youth in the area presenting a positive outlook for the community.
          So please get your unit out to the mall and show the public the strengh of Scouting in this area.

           Also, do not forget the District pinewood derby being held at the mall this Saturday also.

                     If you have any questions please call me!!!
                                    thanks