merit badge camporee

  • Ron Kanthak
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008
      Howdy;
          There will be a meeting this Thursday night at Hardee's in
      Goldrock at 7:30 p.m. to go over the draft of the merit badge camporee for January 2009. Anyone who would like to have input in the event is welcome to attend. We are having this meeting so the booklet will be out for roundtables next week, giving troops time to look over the merit badges and schedule in the scouts for the event.
             If you can not attend but have something you wish to have included please contact me.
    • wj collart
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2008

        I can’t make the meeting, but I will do nature and fishing with some help like this past year it went well.  I need to contact Floyd Fincher about JAKES day if anyone has his number would you sent it to me, or have him call me.

        Thanks,

        Bill Collart

        NCWRC

        252-442-0858

      • wjones31@suddenlink.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
          I can't make the meeting Ron but again, lets make sure everyone who is going to be teaching the merit badges is registered and that they teach only those requirements that they can do in a weekend. Thanks
        • Mescoutuscout2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 12, 2008
            There will be a meeting Tuesday December 16th at 7pm in the Boddie-Noell Enterprises building. We are wanting to go over
            details of the merit badge camporee. Anyone who wishes to help with the event or wants some input on the event is welcome
            to attend.
          • Mescoutuscout2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 20, 2009
              Just a note to thank all the scouts,leaders and staff for attending this past weekends camporee!!!  Even with
              the cold and dry then cold and wet weather, this was a great turnout for this event with 197 scouts and 74
              adults registered!!!
                 This event could not have happened without the efforts of all the adults who taught classes and helped
              with the behind the scenes paperwork. So if you or your scouts see these adults who helped make this event a success, thank them for all they did!!
                  Work now starts for next year, if you have a way we can make it better or a merit badge you would like
              to have taught please let me know.
                  The paperwork should be in leaders hands or the mail by this Friday and if you have any questions please call me and I will try to answer your questions.

                                     Thanks and Happy Snow Day

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 20, 2009
                I would like to commend Ron and all the volunteers that made this past weekend a success, I look forward to next year.

                James Suggs
                252-717-2231

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 20, 2009
                  Hi,
                  Again I would like to say "this was much better than last year".
                  Ron, your staff and schedule were on the mark.
                  One leader asked "Is there any training for adults?".
                  I will offer Cooking, Q&A, How to tale a tale, ect...........
                  These are just ideas.

                  I know that I have a hard time getting to some of the planning meetings, as do other leaders but I would like to help when I can.

                  Thanks for all you do,
                  Tony Stone SM T5 BSA RM NC USA EARTH

                  PS. Oh-wah    Tah_goo    Si_am

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 12, 2010
                    Just a reminder that we will start registration for the camporee at 5pm on Friday. We need to get everyone registered as soon as possible, because the paperwork for the Friday night twilight merit badges can be filled out before the 8pm start.
                    Also if your unit wants to purchase any BBQ plates from the Ruritan Club Friday evening, let me know by noon on Wed. so I can let them know. Their sale ends at 6:30pm right at dinner time, the plates are $6.00 each and you can pay for them when you pick them up. I just need to give them a number so they can figure the amount that they need to prepare.
                             Thanks and looking forward txo a great weekend!!

                  • Mescoutuscout2@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 19, 2010
                      I want to thank all the Troops who participated in this past weekends Merit Badge Camporee, there were 226 registered Scouts and 74 register leaders, making the 2010 event are largest yet.

                      Also a special thanks to all the adults who gave of themselves to teach the merit badges, do the paperwork, help organize the event, that made it so successful. It is not possible to do an event like this without a lot of help and I appreciate it.

                      Please let us know what we can do to make the 2011 event better, from merit badges to schedule. If you have a merit badge that you would like to teach or see taught please let us know. We are going to be doing Citizenship in the Community next year.

                      Thanks again
                      Ron Kanthak
                    • Ron Kanthak
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 2, 2010
                        It is coming to be that time of year again, the merit badge camporee is not far away!!!

                         We will have a planning meeting this sunday the 8th at St. Paul's Methodist Church starting at 4pm.

                          Anybody and everybody is welcome to attend, if you have a merit badge you would like to teach or one you would like to see being offered, please come to the meeting or call and let us know what you would like to see taught.

                           We are trying to make this merit badge camporee better and more rewarding for the youth each year and to do this we need the input of leaders and Scouts in the Tar River
                        District. So if you can attend great if not and have some ideas please call.

                      • Ron Kanthak
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 17, 2010
                          Troops, do you have some youth that are just joining and starting in late December or the first of the year. To late to get them in merit badges but want to attend. Well if there is the interest we will have a mini first year program at the camporee, 2-3 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday, going over the totin chip, firemen chip, basic tenderfoot requirements.
                                    Please let know if you are interested in this class.

                                          Thanks
                                       Ron Kanthak
                        • Ron Kanthak
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 10, 2011
                            Unit leaders:
                                 Things needed on Friday:
                            1. troop roster of the boys attending the camporee
                            2. a list of any scouts who are attending and are wanting to
                                add another class or two, make a note of the merit
                                badges they would like to get into. This way if a scout
                                does not attend the camporee we may have classes
                                opening up for other scouts.
                            3. take both of these lists to the registration table as soon
                                as you arrive at the Ruritan club.
                            4. check or cash to pay the registration and any fees.
                            5. when your unit arrives contact Ron Kanthak to get your
                                assigned camping spot. If you do not see or know me
                                call 883-2716
                            6. DO NOT FORGET ANY SCOUTS ON YOUR BADGE
                                TRACKER ROSTER ON JANUARY 13TH MUST BE
                                PAID FOR WHETHER THEY ATTEND THE EVENT
                                OR NOT. BADGE TRACKER WILL BE LOCKED
                                AFTER THE 12TH, SO ANY CHANGES NEED TO BE
                                MAKE BY THE 12TH. This will then give us time to see
                                what classes may have opened up.
                            7. Also contact Ron if you want any bbq plates Friday nite

                                If you have any questions call me or see me at the
                            roundtable Thursday.