Tar River District George Hemingway Award & District Award of Merit

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007

      Dr.  George Hemingway Award

      The George Hemingway award is named in the honor of Dr George Hemingway and is awarded to a district scouting volunteer who goes well beyond the call of duty to promote and support Scouting in the Tar River District.

      Dr. George Hemingway held various positions in the Tar River District including, District Commissioner, District Chairmen, Troop 49 Committee Member, Camp Charles Committee, and the Council Executive Board.

      District Award of Merit

      The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.

      The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 25 traditional units or fraction thereof. The district need not present

      all the awards to which it is entitled each year.

      It is not appropriate to nominate a Scouter who has already received this award.

      A professional Scouter or other council employee may not receive this award based on employment service. However, a professional

      Scouter or employee who also serves as a volunteer Scouter may be eligible, based on volunteer service.

      Reminder that all district award nomination forms are due by December 30, 2007.  Please turn the forms in to Stephen Phillips our District Chairman.  The awards will be presented at the Tar River District Banquet to be held on January 26, 2008.

      Thank you for all that you do to support our youth and if you have any questions about these two district awards, please let me know.

      Adam F. Ipock

      Sr. Director of IS - Technical Services

      Boddie-Noell Enterprises, Inc.

      (252) 937-2800 ext. 1212