Venturing Crews are cool!

  • episani2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      We are currently in the membership season and that means we are
      looking for some new units. If your Boy Scout Troop has lots of
      older boys and older sisters too. Well, a Venturing Crew would be a
      great addition to your Charter Parnter's Scouting family!

      Venturing is boys and girls 14 thru 20 years old. It's highest rank
      is the Ranger Award. It focuses on leadership, giving back to the
      community, and very challenging outdoor events.

      We are planning some really cool Venturing oriented events! Here are
      the upcoming Venturing Events or Events which Venturers can
      participate in.

      January
      18-20 Venture Encampment at Winter Camp, Sea Base

      25-27 Winterfest, Gatlinburg, TN (Information on Council Website)

      March
      25-28 Spring Break Kayak Trip 1, OBX (Information on Sea Base
      Website)

      April
      1-4 Spring Break Kayak Trip 2, OBX (Information on Sea Base Website)

      June 8th – August 16th Sea Base High Adventure

      July
      Kodiak / Kodiak X Leadership Trek: Date TBA, Sea Base

      August
      10-15 Venture Week (tentative dates)

      September
      12-14 Venture Rendezvous

      Information regarding each activity will appear on the Sea Base and
      Council Website as it is developed.

      Also, for those leaders who are interested in starting a new crew as
      well as our current crews should note that they can schedule "on-
      demand" weekends throughout the year. These are programs that we
      will operate on a weekend of their choosing (if the weekend is
      available) and will run a program that they need in order to benefit
      their crew. Please contact Reggie Cahoon at 252-528-1208 - he can
      help answer your questions.

      Happy Scouting!!