Re: [TarRiverDistrictECCBSA] scout show
- pack 16 will also be helping with the pinewood derby that day alsothanks allan
Sent: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:33 AM
Subject: RE: [TarRiverDistrictECCBSA] scout show
Pack 752 will be helping with the Pinewood Derby that day.
From: TarRiverDistrictECC BSA@yahoogroups. com [mailto:TarRiverDis trictECCBSA@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of westec24@aol. com
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:09 AM
To: TarRiverDistrictECC BSA@yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: [TarRiverDistrictEC CBSA] scout showpack 16 will be at the scout show and we would like to do the regatta boat demostration at the scout show and also we will provide the flag pole again this year and would like to also like to do the opening ceremony that morning, please let me know if that is okthanksallan pack 16252-469-6750
From: Mescoutuscout2@ aol.com
To: tarriverdistrictecc bsa@yahoogroups. com
Sent: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 6:48 AM
Subject: [TarRiverDistrictEC CBSA] scout showUnit leaders;A reminder that if your boys wish to enter in the poster contest, for the Scout show we need to get the posters to me or shelga Barfield. We would like to have the posters by the end of next week, or if that is not possible please bring to Roundtable April 12th so they can be put up in the mall. The posters need to be on a scouting theme and the winning poster will recieve a stero system.Also email me if your unit is planning on attending the Scout Show and details like if you need to be by electric outlets,or need a large amount of space, etc.Ron Kanthak883-2716
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
- Cub and Boy Scout leaders;
Have you been to a Scouting event with your unit and the weather has been either too cold or very hot and maybe
it was raining, just not the perfect climate . Well!! You are in luck because this Saturday March 7th is the District Scout Show
at Golden East Crossing Mall and the climate will be perfect, not too hot or cold and very dry.
There will be many attractions, such as a rock climbing wall, puppet show, game show (is your leader smarter than
a Cub Scout?), an adopt-thon at Petco( bring a can of pet food to donate and get a ticket for a drawing), wood burning booth,
rain gutter regetta, space derby, camping display, backpacking demonstration on how and what to put in a pack and Scouts
can try on a loaded backpack, free drinks and popcorn, The Girl Scouts will be there with games and demonstrations, flag folding
lessons, police explorer post will be doing fingerprinting, R.C. flyers club will be out with their planes and have a program on
laptops that the Scouts and other youth can uase to fly a simulated plane, display of vintage Scouting items.
So, what is your unit doing to add to this great event??
The opening is at 9:45am and the event kicks off at 10:00am until 4:00pm
You need to bring your own tables and chairs.
You can set up Friday night after 9:00pm or Saturday morning after 6:30am
Cost is $3.00/ Scout and leader(covers insurance and patch) parents do not need to pay unless they want a patch,
which would be $2.00
If you have any questions please let us know!!
contact: Ron Kanthak(883-2716) or David Harper(883-1774)
- ALL UNITS THE 2010 TAR RIVER SCOUT SHOW ANDPINEWOOD DERBY IS MARCH 6TH AT GOLDEN EASTCROSSING MALL.OPENING FLAG RAISING; 9:45AMSCOUT SHOW RUNS FROM 10AM UNTIL 2PMUNITS MAY SETUP FRIDAY AFTER THE MALL CLOSESOR AFTER 6:30AM SATURDAY MORNING.PLEASE LETS TRY TO HAVE ALL UNITS CUB AND BOY SCOUT, EXPLORER POST ETC. PUT UP A DISPLAY OR INTERACTIVE BOOTH.THE GIRL SCOUTS WILL ALSO BE JOINING US AGAIN.IF UNITS COULD LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AT THE SHOW IT WOULD BE HELPFUL.INFORMATION ON THE TIME OF THE PINEWOOD DERBY WILL BE GIVEN OUT SHORTLY.THANKS, AND CONTACT RON KANTHAK(883-2716) OR DAVID HARPER(883-1774) WITH YOUR INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS.
- REMINDER TO ALL UNITS THE DISTRICT SCOUT SHOW AND PINEWOOD DERBY IS SATURDAY MARCH 6 TH AT GOLDEN EAST CROSSING MALL IN ROCKY MOUNT!!!!THE OPENING OF THE SCOUT SHOW IS AT 9:45 AM FOR THE FLAG RAISING AND THE SCOUT SHOW RUNNING FROM 10 AM UNTIL 2 PM.THE PINEWOOD DERBY WILL BE STARTING WITH REGISTRATION AT 8:30 AM AND THE RACING STARTING AT 9 AM.THE COST IS $3.00 PER REGISTERED SCOUT AND LEADER, THIS INCLUDES ENTRY TO THE PINEWOOD DERBY AND THE SCOUT SHOW. THE $3.00 COVERS THE COST OF THE INSURANCE AND THE EVENT PATCH.WE HAVE SEVERAL PEOPLE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE SCOUTS COMING TO THE EVENT, BUT THIS IS OUR SINGLE BIGGEST EVENT TO SHOWCASE SOUTING TO THE PUBLIC AND WE NEED AS MANY PACKS, TROOPS, CREWS AND VENTURE GROUPS TO COME OUT AND PUT UP A INTERACTIVE BOOTH OR DISPLAY. LETS BE OUT IN FORCE AND SHOW THE COMMUNITY A POSITIVE ASPECT OF THE ROCKY MOUNT YOUTH.UNIT WILL AS IN THE PAST NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN TABLES, THERE IS PLENTY OF ELECTRIC OUTLETS IF YOU NEED THEM. UNITS MAY SET UP AFTER THE MALL CLOSES FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9 PM OR AFTER 6 AM SATURDAY MORNING.PLEASE CONTACT RON KANTHAK (883-2716) OR DAVID HARPER (883-1774) WITH QUESTIONS OR TO LET US KNOW THAT YOUR UNIT IS COMING AND WHAT THEY PLAN TO DO AT THE SHOW.
- Just a reminder to units, that the Tar River District Scout Show is this Saturday March 6th. The opening is at 9:45am and the event runs from 10am until 2pm. We have several outside groups coming to participate, now we to get our Scouting units out to the event and let the community that there are youth in the area presenting a positive outlook for the community.So please get your unit out to the mall and show the public the strengh of Scouting in this area.Also, do not forget the District pinewood derby being held at the mall this Saturday also.If you have any questions please call me!!!thanksRon Kanthak883-2716