Tar River District Cub Scout Day Camp

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013
      If your child is attending the Tar River District Cub Scout Day Camp please read the following message.

      T-shirt Pick-up:

      This is a reminder that today is our Day Camp T-shirt pick-up.  Please make arrangements to pick up your Day Camp t-shirt at NC Wesleyan College between 5:30-7:30.  We will be located in the parking lot behind the library.  If you come into the campus off of Hwy 301, take a right at the stop sign and follow the parking lot around.  At the tennis courts, take a left behind the first building and follow the parking lot down to the library.  This will be the same location that we will use for pick-up and drop off each day.  If you are with Pack 49 or Pack 816 from Tarboro, your leaders have your shirts for you to pick up in Tarboro.  Please contact them to make arrangements.

      Other important Information:

      Next Monday, June 17th is our first day of camp.  Camp begins each day at 9:00 AM.  We ask that our youth arrive between 8:45-9:00.  When you arrive you will escort your Scout in each day and will need to sign them into their den.  If the person that will be dropping them off each day is not the same person that will be picking them up, then a permission slip will need to be filled out and signed giving permission for your child to be dismissed to someone else.  At the end of each day, your child will return to his den as close to 3:00 as possible.  Your child must be signed out prior to leaving.  Each day your child will need to bring plenty of beverage to drink for the entire day, snacks, and a lunch.  We ask that you make sure that his lunch can be kept cool in the container that you provide his lunch in.  We do not have a place to warm food so please be mindful of that when you are packing lunch each day.  We also ask that your child bring a refillable water bottle to take with him to the different stations to remain hydrated.  Water and sports beverages are preferred for the week.  Sunscreen and hats are also encouraged as we spend a lot of time outside.  Your child is also receiving a t-shirt to wear each day at camp.  This is our official uniform.  Your child should wear it each day.  Each day we will keep a very busy schedule with lots of great programs, sports, crafts, and fun.  We have a wonderful group of volunteers that have agreed to work with us at camp.  If you would like to volunteer or spend time with us we encourage you to.  On Friday we will have our family day.  We invite you to attend the day with your child.  We will begin the morning with songs and skits from your sons den followed by two very special family programs.  We recommend that you bring your camera.  On Friday, your child will take home all of their items from camp as well as a list of his earnings for the week.  If you have further questions please contact me by e-mail.

      Tina Parker

      East Carolina Council, Boy Scouts of America

      Northern Area, District Executive

      Serving Halifax, Northampton, Hertford, Bertie, and Edgecombe Counties