Relay for Life

  • Ron kanthak
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013

      All units, the Tarboro Relay for Life opens on Friday May 3rd at the Tarboro high school football field.  As we have done in the past the Scouts have been asked to line up around the track during the opening surviors  march and salute the marchers. Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts,  explorers are all welcome to participate, They need to be in Class A uniforms and be at the Tarboro High School by 5:30 pm on Friday May 3rd, the opening is at 6pm and we need time to get lined up. After the opening the Scouts are done and we will have hot dogs and drinks for the Scouts and parents, they can then stay and enjoy the relay events or go home.

                   Leaders try to get as many youth to the event as possible it is a great cause and a great opportunity to get the Scouts in the public eye.

                                    Thanks

    • Best, Terry - NRCS, Halifax, NC
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5

        Folks,

        As  a reminder, the units who participated in Relay for Life events recently, please be sure to go into Good Turn America website and enter in your service hours.  This will help you with your Journey to Excellence as well as the District and Council.  If your unit participate in other service oriented projects (I.E. Scouting for Food, Big Sweep, Eagle Projects) record those hours also.

        On another point,  Those units who did not complete Journey to Excellence Award (JTE) paperwork for 2014,  I was just told it was not too  late.

        Lastly, please make sure that you go on the mysouting.org site and start a  spreadsheet for this year’s JTE (2015).  This way, at re-charter time, you will have a tally of what your unit has already done.  This will make filling out JTE form easy.

        Let me know if I can help.

        Thanks,

        Terry Best

        Tar River Commish