Fw: Tar River Challenge

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 20, 2013

      Please see the attached message.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: Tina Parker <tparker@...>;
      To: j_suggs_jr@... <j_suggs_jr@...>;
      Subject: Tar River Challenge
      Sent: Wed, Mar 20, 2013 10:40:07 PM

      After careful consideration a decision has been made to postpone the Tar River District Tar River Challenge.  Due to the forecasted drop in temperature for the weekend and the possibility of rain we feel that it is in the best interest of our Scouts and their families to postpone the event.  The new date for the Tar River Challenge will be May 17-19th.  We are hopeful that the change in date will allow for warmer temperatures, a time of less sickness, and for more participation.  A new flier will be published and posted on the Council website by the first of next week.

      Tina Parker

      East Carolina Council, Boy Scouts of America

      Northern Area, District Executive

      Serving Halifax, Northampton, Hertford, Bertie, and Edgecombe Counties
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 23

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        From:"amomof3scouts@..." <amomof3scouts@...>
        Date:Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 7:04 PM

        Scouters,
            After talking with our pack leaders and experienced leaders from other packs, it is with great regret that we are going to cancel Tar River Challenge.  We have consulted numerous weather stations and it looks like it will be cold, wet and rainy    most of the day Saturday and Sunday. There is a lot of time, effort and planning that goes into making these district events successful. Safety is our first priority for everyone and second is making this a positive experience. We are sad that this event isn't going to take place, as we had great events and activities planned. This just makes everyone really excited for next year. Thank you for your patience while we were consulting everyone to make the best decision possible.

        Yours in scouting,
        Andrea Sessoms
        Cubmaster Pack 49

        Sent from my iPhone