Fw: Tar River Challenge

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 14, 2013
       Subject: Tar River Challenge

      2013 Cub Scout Tar River Challenge

      What: Join us for the 2013 Tar River Challenge.  We will have shooting sports, hiking, biking, racing, camping and a lot more.

      When: Friday - Sunday, March 22nd-24th.  Check-in for camping will begin on Friday after 3PM.  Events will run from 9AM-5PM on Saturday followed by evening activities.  Depart before 11AM on Sunday.

      Where: Indian Lake Park, Tarboro

      Cost:  $10.00 per Scout,  participating sibling,  and registered leader.  There will be a family cap of $24.00 per family.  Additional participants wishing to camp must pay $5.00 per person.

      If you have not registered your Unit to assist with an event please do so quickly by contacting Tina Parker at 544-0219 or by e-mail at tparker@...<mailto:tparker@...>.

      Tina Parker

      East Carolina Council, Boy Scouts of America

      Northern Area, District Executive

      Serving Halifax, Northampton, Hertford, Bertie, and Edgecombe Counties

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 20, 2013

        Please see the attached message.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 23, 2015

          Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

          From:"amomof3scouts@..." <amomof3scouts@...>
          Date:Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 7:04 PM

          Scouters,
              After talking with our pack leaders and experienced leaders from other packs, it is with great regret that we are going to cancel Tar River Challenge.  We have consulted numerous weather stations and it looks like it will be cold, wet and rainy    most of the day Saturday and Sunday. There is a lot of time, effort and planning that goes into making these district events successful. Safety is our first priority for everyone and second is making this a positive experience. We are sad that this event isn't going to take place, as we had great events and activities planned. This just makes everyone really excited for next year. Thank you for your patience while we were consulting everyone to make the best decision possible.

          Yours in scouting,
          Andrea Sessoms
          Cubmaster Pack 49

          Sent from my iPhone