(For Boy Scouts) Cooking and Sustainability Merit Badge: Transition to Eagle Required List
The attached document was just emailed to me from National.
Here are the highlights:
1. The Cooking Merit Badge will be an Eagle Required merit badge starting January 1, 2014.
2. The Cooking Merit Badge will be revised in 2013.
3. If a boy starts the cooking merit badge before January 1, 2014, then he can choose to use the old or new requirements.
1. The Sustainability merit badge is coming out in the summer of 2013.
2. A scout can choose to do the Sustainability merit badge instead of the Environmental Science merit badge for the eagle requirement.
For more information please see the attached document.
Matt Connors | Tar River District Director
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
East Carolina Council
313 Boy Scout Blvd | P.O. Box 1698
Kinston, NC 28503