The Trainer's Edge, Oct 8, Craven Community College

  • Don Ulrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 50 KB
    I changed the format to an older form of Microsoft Word. Hopefully, most will be able to open this now. The Trainer's Edge helps you with becoming a trainer. It helps you with becoming a presenter of different training events. You'll go over technique, presentation, timeliness, etc. The one question that is asked, "If I take this class, can I train my unit?" The answer to that is yes.

    If you still can't open the attachment, I've copied what's in it below:

    East Carolina Council
    The Trainers EDGE
    October 8, 2011
    Craven Community College
    Havelock, NC
    8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

    Course Director Wayne McCain wayne_mccain@...<mailto:wayne_mccain@...>

    What is The Trainer's EDGE?
    This one day course is designed to prepare you to teach courses within the BSA program and is required for staffing Wood Badge and National Youth Leadership Training.

    Why should I attend?
    This is an opportunity to become a great resource to your council and district. This training will teach you to train new leaders so that they may provide an outstanding program to your youth. This training is required in the East Carolina Council to be an official trainer. Official ECC Trainers belong to the ECC Training Troop. Certification is valid for 3 years and administered at the council level by the Council Training Chairman. Recertification can be attained by the Course Director's review of your training file. The EDGE staff members are expert trainers and are eager to share their expert knowledge with YOU!

    Registration and preparation.
    * Register early to guarantee your seat! Send form to the council office by September 30. Promptness Appreciated! Please arrive early to avoid disrupting training classes.
    * Bring lots of energy!
    * Choose a topic you are comfortable with and bring materials for a practice presentation (Scout skills are good)
    * Lunch on your own.
    * Bring note taking materials.
    * Handouts provided for participants.
    * The ECC Training Troop will have exhibits and displays of training materials and literature to include All programs, Cubs, Scouts, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting, Venturing/Sea Scouting, Commissioners and District Committee training.

    Thank You,
    Pat O'Callaghan, Council Training Chairman and Lew Sisson, Staff Adviser
    East Carolina Council Training Development Conference - October 8, 2011
    Name: _______________________________________________________________________________________

    BSA Registration Card No. _______________________________________________________________________

    Unit: Pack Troop Team Crew # ____________________ Council Event Activity Code 048

    Although there is no cost, the registration deadline is September 30. PLEASE preregister - no registrations at the door!!!

    Return this registration form before September 23 2011 to:
    East Carolina Council, P.O. Box 1698, Kinston, NC 28503 Fax# 252-522-9707

    Don Ulrich
    Autumn Corporation
    IT Dept
    252-443-6265 ext 262