Fw: Camporee Food Drive

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Ray Franks <rfranks@...>
      To: j_suggs_jr@...
      Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 4:36 PM
      Subject: Camporee Food Drive
      East Carolina Council
      April 29 - May 1
      Herbert C. Bonner Scout Reservation
      Hopefully by now you have registered your Pack or Troop for the COUNCIL'S ANNUAL BIGGEST EVENT.  Some of my most memorable experiences from being a Scout in East Carolina Council were attending the council camporee. In fact I wear the patch on my uniform from the 1964 Council Camporee in Greenville, which was my first camporee.
      With this year's theme I thought it appropriate that we do something in support of all the victims in our area from the recent violent weather. We are urging troops and packs to bring non perishable food to the camporee. We will distribute the food to agencies operating in those counties most affected by the tornados. We will also accept checks made out to the American Red Cross for use in assisting victims in our area.
      Each Boy Scout patrol will receive up to 50 bonus points for dollars or food items brought to the camporee for tornado relief. You will receive one point for each acceptable food item or each dollar contributed to the recovery effort by your patrol. The items and dollars must be brought to the council camporee.
      I hope our Scouts and Cub Scouts will join the community's effort to help our fellow citizens and in some cases our fellow Scouting families return to a more normal life style.
      See you at Council Camporee & Family Cub Scout Camp!!!!
      H. Ray Franks  |  Scout Executive, CEO

      East Carolina Council
      313 Boy Scout Blvd  |  P.O. Box 1698
      Kinston, NC  28503
      P 252.522.1521 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
      |  F 252.527.9707

      This email was sent to j_suggs_jr@... by rfranks@... |
      East Carolina Council | PO Box 1698 | Kinston | NC | 28503