bbq at camporee

  • Ron Kanthak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2011
      All units check and see if any of your scouts or leaders want a bbq plate $6.00 or a pint of bbq $8.00 Friday night the 14th of January at the camporee. I need to let the ruritan club know approx. how many plates and pints by the 9th of January. They just need a number you can pay for the bbq when you pick it up that Friday night.
                     thanks
    • Mescoutuscout2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2012
        Reminder if your unit wants a bbq plate , a pound of bbq or slaw Friday night January 13th for dinner at the West Edgecombe Ruritan club please email or call me by January 7th. The bbq plate is $7.00 a pound of bbq is $8.00 and a container of slaw is $4.00. This is being done by the Ruritan Club and all proceeds go to the club. Scouts may eat their plates in the Ruritan club building Friday night.

                Also units if you have boys who you know are not coming to the camporee, please take them out of badgetracker this will free up those class spaces. Do not take them out unless you are positive they are not coming.

                If you have Scouts who could not get into some merit badge, send us the name, troop and merit badge and if the classes free up when we get to camporee on the 13th they can be plugged into that class.

                Any questions please call me

                     Thanks
      • Scott A Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
          This is a friendly reminder for scoutmasters of scouts that are taking Wilderness survival Merit Badge.  The boys will need to make a survival kit.  They can either bring one in that they have made or try to make one up during the camporee.  It would be better if they start now and get the basics and add during the camporee after they see some of the ideas presented during the class. I know most of the boys watch the survival shows on TV and they can draw from those examples.  This is part of the requirements.

          Scott A Smith