merit badge camporee

  • Ron Kanthak
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 17, 2010
      Troops, do you have some youth that are just joining and starting in late December or the first of the year. To late to get them in merit badges but want to attend. Well if there is the interest we will have a mini first year program at the camporee, 2-3 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday, going over the totin chip, firemen chip, basic tenderfoot requirements.
                Please let know if you are interested in this class.

                      Thanks
                   Ron Kanthak
    • Ron Kanthak
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 10, 2011
        Unit leaders:
             Things needed on Friday:
        1. troop roster of the boys attending the camporee
        2. a list of any scouts who are attending and are wanting to
            add another class or two, make a note of the merit
            badges they would like to get into. This way if a scout
            does not attend the camporee we may have classes
            opening up for other scouts.
        3. take both of these lists to the registration table as soon
            as you arrive at the Ruritan club.
        4. check or cash to pay the registration and any fees.
        5. when your unit arrives contact Ron Kanthak to get your
            assigned camping spot. If you do not see or know me
            call 883-2716
        6. DO NOT FORGET ANY SCOUTS ON YOUR BADGE
            TRACKER ROSTER ON JANUARY 13TH MUST BE
            PAID FOR WHETHER THEY ATTEND THE EVENT
            OR NOT. BADGE TRACKER WILL BE LOCKED
            AFTER THE 12TH, SO ANY CHANGES NEED TO BE
            MAKE BY THE 12TH. This will then give us time to see
            what classes may have opened up.
        7. Also contact Ron if you want any bbq plates Friday nite

            If you have any questions call me or see me at the
        roundtable Thursday.