      From: Don Ulrich <donulrich@...>
      Subject: [TarRiverDistrictECCBSA] Baloo Training, essentials, and specific
      To: TarRiverDistrictECCBSA@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 10, 2008, 10:29 AM

      I would like to give big thanks to David Pearson with Troop 11, Bob Bobbitt with Troop 752, and Eric Standal with Pack 752 for being trainers this past weekend.  I also would like to thank Pack 49 for hosting the event, and for all those that attended the training from various other packs.  Those that are Baloo-trained please start coordinating Baloo training with your unit and invite others.  The more we have, the better off our boys are.

      A couple of questions came up this weekend, that I couldn’t answer or wanted some feedback.  Being that I’m all-knowing for the most part (snicker), I felt that the question and answer would benefit us all.

      1. If a single parent has a boyfriend or girlfriend, and the scout sleep in the same tent with both?

      Answer:  The boy should tent camp with other boys.

      1. A boyfriend or girlfriend parent that’s serving in Iraq (or overseas) has been bringing the boy to scout meetings.  Is he allowed to take the boy camping with the parent’s consent?

      Answer: a parent or legal guardian can select an adult to be a guardian for the weekend event.

      If I’m missing a question that I needed to find an answer, please shoot me an email.

      We really need a training team.  If any of you would like to volunteer, please do.  I would really like for each pack and troop to assign someone to be a trainer for the unit.  That person would need to be a trained leader by the time they train.  If you have questions about it, please shoot me an email or give me a call.  You can also see me along with the

      Thank you all for what you do for scouting

      Don Ulrich

      Information Technology

      Autumn Corporation

      252-443-6265 (office)