1448Change in Unit Registration Status for January 1, 2015
- Jan 20, 2014Effective January 1, 2015:Change in Unit Registration StatusEffective January 1, 2015:A unit that has not reregistered by its expiration date, will be considered separated and immediately dropped from BSA’s membership reporting. This is a change from the current lapsed period where a unit’s membership continues to be counted for 60 days in council membership totals.
- The new definition will begin with units that have an effective date of January 1, 2015. This means that units with a December 31, 2014 expiration date will be included.
- Volunteers will retain access to MyScouting, MyScouting tools, Internet Rechartering and Internet Advancement for 30 days after their unit has become expired and become separated.
- A separated unit has 12 months to reregister as a separated-reregistered unit.
- Once a separated unit has been reregistered in the ScoutNET PAS system, the unit will be included on membership reports starting in the business month the recharter was posted.