1402Fw: Bemont 5 Miler - Benfiting Tar River District Scouts

    Aug 6, 2013
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Tar River Running Company <tarriverrunningco@...>
      To: Michael Forrester <tarriverrunningco@...>
      Sent: Monday, August 5, 2013 8:51 PM
      Subject: Re: Bemont 5 Miler - Benfiting Tar River District Scouts

      Hello Scout Leaders.  Let me apologize for sending a second email regarding the Belmont 5 race (http://www.belmont5.com/).  I had said in my previous message I would only email once, but I had some important news to share.

      SPONSORS:  I am very happy to announce that several local businesses have stepped up as sponsors.  Freedom Credit Union is now the presenting sponsor!  We also have the support of Steel Technology, Westridge Grill, Milton & Miles, and Raleigh Running Outfitters.

      UPDATE DONATIONS: So what does this mean for the race?  We are increasing our contribution to the Scouts and now going eight places deep!  Here is the new breakdown.
      • $300 - 1st Place Unit
      • $200 - 2nd Place Unit
      • $150 - 3rd Place Unit
      • $100 - 4th Place Uni
      • $80 - 5th Place Unit
      • $60 - 6th Place Unit
      • $50 - 7th Place Unit
      • $50 - 8th Place Unit
      As a reminder, every runner or volunteer that signs up online can pick a Tar River District Scout Unit to give a "point".  The Scout Units with the most points after the race win a cash donation from our race.

      WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP!  We are counting on at least 200 runners to sign up for the Belmont 5 so we can reach our fund raising goals.  Right now we have 72.  Things are going well but really need to pick up.  Please do what you can to encourage friends to run or volunteer.

      CURRENT STANDINGS: Below are the current point standings.  All Scout units can still win the $300 top prize.   Seriously, everyone can still win.  Just by encouraging a few friends to run, and signing up online to volunteer you can start to earn points.  Volunteer spots are limited (and only take 2-4 hours), so don't delay if you want to earn those points!
      • 1st #16 - Dorches Baptist / Red Oak Vol Fire
      • 2nd #5 - First United Methodist
      • 3rd #76 - Nashville Methodist
      • 4th #628 - Englewood Presbyterian
      • 5th #961 - Pinetops United Methodist
      • 5th #40 - Englewood United Methodist
      • 5th #7 - First Presbyterian
      • 5th #516 - Rocky Mount LDS
      • 9th #226 - Sunset Church of God
      • 9th #217 - Bethlehem Baptist
      • 9th #413 - Webbs Chapel Baptist
      • 9th #1624 - Thorne Chapel Missionary
      • 9th #11 - Westhaven Presbyterian
      • 14th #96 - St. James United Methodist
      • 14th #49 - Howard Memorial Presbyterian
      • 14th #37 - Coopers Ruritan Club
      • 14th #752 - St. Pauls United Methodist
      • 14th #628 - Englewood Presbyterian
      • 14th #587 - West Edgecombe Ruritan
      Thanks again!

      Michael Forrester