spontaneity and impulsivity

  • oneof10k2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 9:40 PM
      This evening I heard the ice cream truck coming, playing it's lithium-affected calliope music. It reminded me of a time when I was a child and the kid would push a cart down the street with bells on it. The sound of the bells was sweet music to my ears and I would be like Pavlov's dog, running to my mother for money for an ice cream. She never let me down.

      Was my mother doing me a favor by always caving in to me? To feed my impulsive (compulsive?) need for ice cream?

      This got me to thinking about impulsivity and spontaneity and wrestling with the definitions. Is there a difference between the two? Is one a euphemism?

      rgds,
      lisa