daoquote

  • oneof10k2
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2009
      The secret of the universe, according to Tom Robbins:

      "Everything is connected. Everything. Many, if not most, of the links are difficult to determine. The instrument, the apparatus, the focused ray that can uncover and illuminate those connections is language. And just as a sudden infatuation often will light up a person's biochemical sky more pyrotechnically than any deep, abiding attachment, so an unlikely, unexpected burst of linguistic imagination will usually reveal greater truths than the most exacting scholarship. In fact, the poetic image may be the only device remotely capable of dissecting romantic desire, let alone disclosing the hidden mystical essence of the material world."

      Taken from the liner notes of, "Tower of Song", a 30-year tribute album to the writings/music of Leonard Cohen.

      No, I don't have the tribute album. Tom has collected his short writings into a small volume called, "Wild Ducks Flying Backward: The Short Writings of Tom Robbins".
    • pocossin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
        > The secret of the universe, according to Tom Robbins:
        >
        > "Everything is connected. Everything.

        http://www.dareland.com/emulsionalproblems/robbins.htm
        How to Write Like Tom Robbins by Michael Dare

        This is fun and has pictures.
      • oneof10k2
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
          --- In TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com, "pocossin" <pocossin@...> wrote:

          > > The secret of the universe, according to Tom Robbins:
          > >
          > > "Everything is connected. Everything.
          >
          > http://www.dareland.com/emulsionalproblems/robbins.htm
          > How to Write Like Tom Robbins by Michael Dare
          >
          > This is fun and has pictures.

          Sweet essay. It is one fun ride in an amusement park called Dareland. Thanks for the pointer!
          rgds,
          lisa