Re: Raspberry Muffins

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
      --- In TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com, "dobador" <StephanieCarlino@...> wrote:

      > Hi Lisa,
      > Hosta from seed? I'm very impressed.
      >
      > After spotting two yellow jacket ground nests a couple weeks ago (one I saw in time, the other resulted in a sting), and outrunning the guards when I disturbed a new one this week, we decided to turn our front yard into a garden - no mowing. It'll take time, probably through next year, but I started the conversion today with some mullein in a sunny, rocky spot near the driveway.

      Sorry you got stung. Have you had probs with yellow jackets in your yard before?

      > I'll be moving my cranesbill over the next week or so. Right now it is directly under the front window. I'm moving it out to the middle of the yard. It likes to spread so I figure it will fill in a large area quickly, and the flowers and foliage are beautiful. That will open up more space for some new plants near the window.

      Sounds like a plan.

      > Best of all, it has finally warmed up enough for shorts! I was beginning to think this summer would never generate heat.

      Indeed. Just wish now it would rain...

      > Regards,
      > Stephanie

      Take a look at the baby hosta on the front page. Not sure if it would have been possible to take a photo when they first sprouted as they were so tiny. They still are -- tiny --;they struggled a teensy bit when first put outside this spring, but the roots seem to have taken hold. Sprouting them reminds me of the time my ex and I sprouted strawberry seedlings.

      How does your garden grow now that it has warmed up?

      rgds,
      lisa