Re: [TaoTalk] Re: Fierce Creatures

  • Michaela Mackenzie
    Message 1 of 43 , Jul 11, 2009
      I thought I'd understand more if I came back to your message
      after a month or so and I'm still in the dark. Please see
      below.

      --- On Thu, 5/7/09, bradford hatcher <bradford@...> wrote:

      Subject: Re: [TaoTalk] Re: Fierce Creatures

      > Was listening to Eckart Tolle's 'Power of Now' earlier
      > and was reminded of this thread. In chapter 3 he says
      > that any action is often better than no action because
      > if you make a mistake at least you learn something.
      >
      > One can always revise later on.

      I found that book way too simple and new agey to read more than a page
      or two in.
      And I think there are much better ways to understand learning as dynamic
      that
      don't require such a blithe approach to error, or give so much rope to
      impatience.

      Me: Not sure but is it possible you've taken Tolle's point too far cos
      you're using reason to understand him?
      _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      For instance, one image that also shows a little more respect for the
      Daoist principle
      of Wu Wei, comes from boating: if the boat isn't moving the rudder is
      useless.

      Me: Are we going somewhere or are we just relaxing on the water?
      I've drawn a blank. Please try to explain why you brought this
      in here.

      - Michaela
    • dobador
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 13, 2009
        --- In TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com, "bradford hatcher" <bradford@...> wrote:

        > I think there's some sense to this one:
        > "Only dead fish go with the flow."
        > Relaxing, and letting the universe assist you
        > is one thing, but it's the nature of life
        > to not be inert, and to fight the great fight
        > against the second law of therodynamics
        > until it finally kills you.

        This, of course, is why I turn 24 at every birthday!

        Regards,
        Dobador