calendar offerings

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      At work I have 2 calendars with sayings on them.

      The mini calendar has pictures of paintings done by individuals who
      have no arms and who paint with either their feet or mouths holding
      the brush. The paintings are exquisite and humbling, both in context
      and content.

      The bigger calendar has some nice new age-y kinds of artwork and
      includes a saying *and* a hexagram.

      For awhile I've been sending a friend of mine the saying from whatever
      big calendar has to say. This year, since I have 2 calendars, I've
      been sending him both.

      He suggested I send them along to tao talk and see if they might
      generate comment. Here they are.

      from my mini calendar:

      There is no time like spring
      when life's alive in everything.
      --Christina Rossetti
      (unless of course you live in MI, where the snow is still flying)

      from the big calendar:

      Faith is the strength
      by which
      a shattered world
      shall emerge into the light.
      --Helen Keller

      --- ---
      --------
      --------
      --------
      --------
      --------

      *************************************

      Hexagram #43, Kuai
      Kuai symbolizes some manner of decisive moment, whether of action, of
      realization, or of both.
      A hand holds aloft something -
      Half of a thing, or something broken.
      The message unspoken.
      A right hand holding aloft the right portion of something that has
      been
      divided into two halves. The drawing can represent the resolution of
      some
      matter by dividing up an object .... the fate of
      an
      object through damage or destruction (see below), or the display of a
      symbol
      of authority and power ..... It is similar to ,
      which depicts a hand holding an ancient form of writing instrument
      similar
      to a fountain pen, a gourd-like object with an ink reservoir at the top
      and
      a tubular wick-like barrel. The image refers to someone who is learned
      or is
      a scribe, and commonly meant 'Inscribed by'; the old form is clearer.
      In
      the object is whole, while in it is missing its left side. The image of
      scribe holding aloft his broken pen is striking.

      ********************

      I got the stuff between the asterixes from a website I forgot to write
      down but have bookmarked at work. Will try to remember to post the
      link soon.

      rgds,
      lisa
    • Thomas Hood
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008

        It's from Dan Stackhouse: http://www.at-dot-com.com/iching/hex43.html
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
          --- In TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Hood" <pocossin@...> wrote:

          > --- In TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com, "lisa" <ms_jade_li@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I got the stuff between the asterixes from a website I forgot to write
          > > down but have bookmarked at work. Will try to remember to post the
          > > link soon.
          > >
          > > rgds,
          > > lisa
          > >

          > It's from Dan Stackhouse: http://www.at-dot-com.com/iching/hex43.html